Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Currently Blush Obsessed

Perhaps it's the weather, but lately, im always reaching for my blushes when i do my makeup. So in this post, i've decided to do a COTD - CHEEK of the Day-LOL(yes i just made that up) with my favourite blushes at the moment. I've posted about them before when i first got them, but i've only swatch it.

first off...

Nars Deep Throat - beautiful baby pink that can never be overdone. This must be the most beautiful pink blush i've ever seen. I love using this when i like to have a settle glow. The finish is sheen, which really gives you the glowly look. It's also very sheer, and needs to be packed on if you want it to pop. I had difficulty photographing this, even after packing it on.





Mac Hipness - i use this when i want my cheeks to be a bit more noticeable. You only need one layer of this. I find that if you pack it on, it looks a little too red. This colour is beautiful. The flash washed it out a bit, but in life it's a bit more reddish



they look basically identical in the photograph, but in reality, Hipness is more reddish/corally/bold, and Deep Throat is a sheer pink. Deep Throat is very natural.

Who else is obsessed with blushes?? Is there one that you absolutely LOVE? I've love to hear any suggestions, because i actually don't have too many blushes

26 comments:

Agnes said...

I'm still getting used to them, only have one myself from the bodyshop in a soft pink shade to get started :P

Karen said...

Hi girly, I recently became interested in blush as well. The colors are gorgeous on you, and they both have a beautiful sheen. I definitely need to get myself a NARS blush, but I did get the MAC highlight powder from their To the Beach collection and I use that as a blush! :)

Jess said...

The peachy blushes look gorgeous on you! I'm also blush-ebsessed myself, haha...

My current favorite is Shiseido Luminizing Satin Face Color ~ RD 103 Petal. ;)

ectini said...

Yessss I am blush obsessed right now too! :D And my current go-to blush is Hipness as well ^.^ I really want to get some NARS blushes, I just wish they weren't so expensive! >_< I really like the ELF STudio blushes since they're so cheap.

♥Bunny♥ said...

OOO... nice blushes! I like the Deep thoat one on you! I'm not obsessed like you but I absolutely love ANY extremely PINK blush. :P

Anonymous said...

Ah. If only I could make my blush symmetrical on both cheeks.. I mean it's symmetrical, but it doesn't look the same somehow.. Ah it's good I like it when my face is drained of color. Anyways Deep throat seems really nice b/c it needs a little building and it has the glow factor. You have amazing cheeks!

Makeup Morsels said...

hahah I like that phrase (COTD). you have such nice bone structure, the blush just seems to glide down your cheeks...hehe I'm so weird. I really like how the NARS blush looks on you, so glowy!

L4pinkpetal said...

omg i love mac hipness.. thanks for sharing.. hahaha imma go get one too :)

chelle said...

Those blushes look gorgeous on you! I love blush - I have more than a dozen =p NYX blush is awesome and for a great price too. My favourite blush though would have to be my Estee Lauder Michael Kors Sunset Coral but it's limited edition so I have to use it sparingly =(

sugar sugar said...

I love blushes too. <3
both blushes look fabulous on you dear! ^-^

I have Shu Uemura and NARS in cactus flower. I think both NARS and mac carry a wonderful line of blushes.

Oh yeah... Can't wait to try Candy Doll blush as well. :3

chung said...

Deep Throat looks so gorgeous on you!! <3 I find myself gravitating towards baby pinks and peachy corals as well.

Bea said...

i love both blushes on you! It's glowy :)
I have nars deep throat too. and i'm liking it!

MM said...

Ooh Mac's Hipness looks gorgeous! do you have Joyous? is it similar?

xbbkay said...

@ MM - i don't have joyous, so i'm not sure. Is it from the permanment line?

DiWiMakeup said...

OMG, you just confirmed my want of the deep throat blush! I've been contemplating whether or not I should splurge on it, but it looks so gorgeous on you! rawr!!!


xo, Diana

Maeve Rachel said...

These are both stunning! I think I prefer Hipness but it's very close! You look so pretty with both! =)

hiitscaila said...

I only started using blush a couple of months ago, I never used them before because the area around my nose would always get red easily lol
but now, I love them! Even though I don't have too many either.
My most wanted blush right now is Hipness actually, it's so pretty! :)

Post a Comment

thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. i love to read each and everyone of them.

Any comments/question regarding this post, will be replied in this post. Otherwise, I usually try to get back to you on your blog. Im quite slow sometimes, so please forgive me. hehe. <3